Wednesday 25 July 2012

Pokémon Review: Registeel

Well, I thought I'd review some Pokemon that are going to be featured in the upcoming TCG set Dragons Exalted such as Registeel, Garchomp, Altaria, etc. and decided to start it off with Registeel! :]

Registeel is a very nice Pokemon in UU, and Clear Body is a great ability, but there are other steel types in UU which get a lot of use aswell -- Bronzong, Cobalion & Empoleon to name a few of them... Infact, Bronzong is quite a bit more popular in both UU and OU, probably because it is immune to the popular entry hazard Spikes.
It has bad speed, but yeah.
It works well as a support Pokemon in my opinion.

As for EVs, I'd focus on HP & Special Defense (or regular Defense if you like) and almost always use 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD.

The most common set is a Smogon set as usual, here it is:

Tank
Registeel @ Leftovers
252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
Nature: Careful
Ability: Clear Body
Moveset: Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave/Toxic, Seismic Toss, Earthquake/Shadow Claw

In the TCG:
Card I am reviewing: Registeel-EX - 81/124 - Dragons Exalted (Releases August 15th)

I like cards that can damage more then 1 of your opponent's in-play Pokemon, and since this card does that, I like it.
If your going to make a deck based around doing that, then I would really recommend using Registeel-EX in it, especially seeing as Triple Laser doesn't need a specific type of energy.

So, Triple Laser does 30 damage to 3 of your opponent's Pokemon (without applying weakness or resistance to benched Pokemon)... I think it would be especially good for getting rid of weak basic Pokemon before your opponent can evolve them, and 180 HP is above average even for an EX!

It's other move is Protect Charge which requires 2 Metal Energy and 2 Colorless Energy and does 80 damage to your opponent's active Pokemon aswell as reducing your opponent's next attack's damage by 20 after applying weakness and resistance).

I would probably spam this move after using Triple Laser a few times, mainly to kill off benched Pokemon I already did some damage to.

Link to card scan: http://pokebeach.com/news/0712/81-registeel-ex.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment